Job Title: Head of Information Technology -MLD
Organisation: KCB Bank Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa's largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda's top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The KCB Bank Head of Information Technology will be responsible for providing overall leadership and guidance to the IT technical function and services including testing, staff training and development, implementation and support of applications and any other identified software & hardware products in accordance with best practice IT principles, policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of developing and implementing the business plan, goals, and budget for IT function and activities that considers the overall corporate objectives, business plan and operational priorities.
- Establishing and setting quality service standards to respond to internal and external client’s needs.
- Responsible for evaluating, monitoring and controlling staff performance against agreed performance standards
- Ensuring that head office and ail branches are in compliance with established IT policies, procedures and statutory regulations.
- Actively participating in various internal Board and Management Committees as assigned.
- Setting the overall IT objectives, plans and monitors performance against the strategic plan.
- Ensuring regular client, supplier and staff satisfaction surveys regarding IT services.
- Ensuring the delivery of high quality service standards to internal clients in response to inquiries, requests, and issues related to IT.
- Managing the documentation and application of sound and up to date IT principles and ensures compliance with banking and finance regulations.
- In charge of setting up, testing, and maintaining IT Disaster Recovery Plans, policies and procedures.
- Attaining vendor and business contractual levels for services and equipment.
- Coordinating and maintaining contracts for ail computers and auxiliary equipment and user documentation for all software applications.
- Negotiating terms and conditions for purchases and providing on-going support with computer hardware, software, telecommunication, and power.
- Coordinating and overseeing the delivery, installation, setting-up, testing, and implementation of all new software systems, upgrades and implements all system customisations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a good Bachelor’s degree in either Mathematics, Statistics, information Systems or Computer Science, relevant Engineering or Business related subject. Possession of a Master's degree in a relevant IT, Engineering or Business related subjects will be added advantage.
- A minimum of seven years working experience and advanced training in IT from banking, business environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five years' experience in banking operations.
- Wide knowledge and advanced skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, Servers, software programs of diverse functionality used by Banks including but not limited to, communications systems, desktop applications, network administrative programs and resources.
- Broad knowledge of the General Banking or Financial Services Act, banking laws and regulations, local legal legislation, local employment and labour laws
- Skills in planning and Performance Management
- Excellent Reporting and Communication Skills
- Organization, interpersonal and People Management Skills
- Advanced Mathematical and Numerical skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs to: email@example.com
Deadline: 18th November, 2016