Job Title: Trade Marketing Representative
Organisation: British American Tobacco (BAT)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The British American Tobacco is the only International tobacco group with a significant interest in tobacco leaf growing which works with thousands of farmers internationally. BAT runs leaf programmes providing direct agronomy support to farmer from aspects of crop production and environmental best practice. British American Tobacco is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Job Summary: The Trade Marketing Representative will be responsible for the implementation of brand and trade programmes in various outlets through the effective and efficient execution of marketing activities within a specific area. The incumbent will also be expected to execute sales and distribution activities where necessary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that the territory volume and distribution objectives of company brands are achieved by trade channel and outlet type in order that availability is maximised in line with brand strategies and the needs of the market.
· Achieve trade coverage, visit frequency and outlet visit plan in order to maximise route effectiveness and efficiency .
· Manage the Distributor, Wholesales, and retailers through the implementation of account strategies and plans in order to maximize volume, share and other distribution management parameters performance.
· Achieve the territory distribution, volume, merchandising and communication targets by brand in targeted outlets
· Implement successfully BAT best practices/ standards and policies
· Continually working with BAT's and third parties' distribution representatives to deliver the targets
· Effective and timely reporting of market information to Management team
· Oversee the effective distribution team through formal and informal coaching, monitoring and training
· Build and strengthen working relationships with partners (distributors, trade and retailers) in order to gain high levels of trade support and loyalty whilst enhancing understanding of the trading environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Trade Marketing Representative should preferably hold a degree in any business related field.
· Working experience in a Marketing function will be an advantage, preferably in an FMCG industry for at least one year
· Willingness to travel and be relocated anywhere in Uganda
· The applicant must be in possession of a valid and clean Driving License
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the British American Tobacco (BAT) should express their interest by applying online.