Job Title: Branch Manager – Business Background
Organisation: Living Goods (LG)
Duty Station: Central (outside Kampala) and Eastern regions, Uganda
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods (LG) aims to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved customers in the developing world. To do this, LG not only grows its own businesses, but also dramatically magnifies its impact through large-scale partnerships. Living Goods works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social and government sectors. Current and past partners include Care International, BRAC, and PSI.
Job Summary: The Branch Manager – Business Background will motivate others and should possess good business skills and clinical knowledge and want to be part of a cutting edge team that is setting the mark for a how a social enterprise can improve health impacts in a sustainable way. The Branch Manager will play a key role in supporting Community Health Promoters (CHPs) to deliver high quality health care to their communities and generate sales of critical products. Living Goods is currently expanding its operations very fast and adding new CHPs every month.
A prerequisite to this role is a 6-week Branch Management Training Program, which will immerse you in our community health care model. The Branch Management Training Program – a paid program – provides training on branch management, stock management, community health care focusing on diarrhea, pneumonia, malaria prevention and treatment, as well as nutrition and maternal/newborn care. Successful graduates will have the opportunity to gain a full time role as part of the Living Goods team.
1. CHP Support and Motivation:
- Motivate CHPs to achieve health and sales targets. Work to support strong performers, to increase effectiveness of medium performers, and increase or remove poor performers.
- Ensure all CHPs are delivering impact in the communities (esp. diagnosis and treatment)
- The incumbent will implement marketing and promotional efforts to support CHPs sales goals.
- Lead monthly meeting of CHPs.
2. Operations Management:
- Manage Branch team members, ensuring performance.
- Manage Branch operations, ensure that the books balance and operations to keep costs as low as possible.
- Manage and maintain inventory.
- Manage relations between the implementing partner organizations.
- Render support in training of CHPs both in regular in-service trainings, and on an ongoing basis to ensure high level of knowledge of LG products, services and health procedures.
- Oversee ongoing training to all CHPs. Ensure high quality training, CHP understanding to deliver the highest quality service to the community.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a business related degree or diploma
- The ideal candidate should have an excellent track record as a Community Health Promoter, entrepreneur, business manager, or health professional.
- A minimum of four years’ managerial experience is required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Exceptional natural leader with strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency is an added advantage
- Ability to relocate up country a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, both in English and Luganda. Lusoga, Lugisu and Langi a plus.
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to Apply Online at the web link below.