Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 19848
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Branch Customer Service Manager will support the Stanbic Bank Kabalagala branch in the provision of excellent customer service and build a service culture throughout the Branch. The jobholder will manage and supervise customer facing staff within the service area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Build a service culture in the branch by managing the adherence of the service standards for all staff
· Custodian of query management at the branch including the capturing of queries, managing the turnaround time of query resolution and escalate unresolved queries to the Branch Manager and/or Regional Service Manager
· First point of contact for customer queries, complaints and compliments (walk ins, written and otherwise)
· Prepare and submit monthly returns on queries; complaints and compliments; and queue management to the Regional Service Manager and Branch Manager
· Analyze service trends (i.e. queue management, service lapses, peak times, system break down) and provide solutions to the identified gaps/lapses
· Curb negative publicity by promptly addressing all poor service issues identified by customers at the Branch
· Regularly monitor the turnaround time on key process such as account opening and loan origination process; transactions posted; and manage the distribution of blank forms to customers (i.e. Blister packs, debit and credit cards, cheque books, bank drafts) as per agreed set timelines
· Manage Service Level Agreements for respective internal service providers/enablers e.g. KOPC, CCC, Credit, CVU for the Branch
· Manage adherence to the Financial Consumer protection guidelines at the Branch
· Promote the Stanbic Bank brand by maintaining the branch ambience and professional image by branch staff.
· Verify and approve customer requests both on the forms and the system as per laid down procedure (i.e. Cheque books, ATM Card requests)
· Display current Tariff guides, banking license, consumer protection guidelines, financial statements and stationery in the banking hall
· Implement service initiatives within the branch in line with the Country Service strategy
· Regularly update the Branch Manager and Regional Service Manager about service issues within the Branch
· Identify cross selling and migration opportunities and sell products reactively
· Compile the lead generation template for the service team on a daily basis
· Lead the service team in meeting their leads targets against budget (i.e. provide product knowledge, coach to develop selling skills)
· Support bank sales activations as required
Risk and Control:
· Carry out routine surprise checks of blank forms at inquires on a monthly basis
· Daily balancing of running stock of blank forms and manage the blank forms destruction process in line with laid down procedures
· Quickly respond to and follow through all service audit and risk issues raised by auditors within agreed timelines and laid down procedures
· Manage risks associated with handling of blank forms and customer's documents/instructions
· Mentor and train branch staff to deliver a high standard of customer service.
· Agree performance contracts for direct reports and provide monthly performance feedback to maintain performance at required levels.
· Arrange for training for direct reports in line with personal development and talent development plans (i.e. On-the-job, classroom based, attachments, job rotations)
· Manage succession planning and identify key talent.
· Manage the handover process in accordance with laid down procedure
· Manage the on-boarding and probation process for new and existing employees
· Plan for utilization of leave for direct reports while maintaining quality customer service
· Drive adherence to dress code policy and procedure within the branch
· A member of the Branch disciplinary management committee
· Call vouchers against Teller reports as per set procedure.
· May be assigned any other duties by the Line Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Branch Customer Service Manager job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
· Previous supervisory experience
· Previous customer service desirable
· Previous front office experience
· Basic knowledge of the functions of various departments within the branch
· Sound knowledge of bank products/services and related procedures
· Knowledge of Service standards
· Knowledge of the risk associated with customer service
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good communication skills
· Good problem solving skills
· Excellent organizational skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 18th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline