Job Title: Biomedical Equipment Technician
Organisation: Joint Medical Store (JMS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church founded private not-for-profit organization whose mission is to supply medicines, medical equipment and related healthcare services, and training of assured quality to the people of Uganda at affordable prices. It was established in 1979 as a joint venture between the Uganda Catholic Medical Bureau (UCMB) and the Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB).
Job Summary: The Biomedical Equipment Technician will install of a variety of biomedical equipment at customer sites - health facilities, train users, carry out preventive maintenance and repair works in line with the JMS guidelines and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carry out installation of biomedical equipment for health facilities
· Conduct regular maintenance and repair of customers' medical equipment brought to the workshop.
· Actively participate in outreach visits to health facilities to install, test, commission medical equipment, carry out maintenance and repair works.
· Provide advisory services to customers about medical equipment standardisation, replacement planning, and safety procedures.
· Actively participate in delivering medical equipment management training programs for member health units.
· Take part in the development of specifications for medical equipment on the JMS standard list and advise customers on the appropriate equipment that match their needs.
· Ensure safe custody of workshop tools and equipment; plan for their replenishment.
· Provide technical advice and support to JMS with respect to operational equipment and other installations where applicable.
· Prepare and submit regular reports on workshop activities
· Supervise interns, graduate trainees, and assistants
· Maintain an inventory of workshop assets including tools and customer equipment
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor's Degree Biomedical engineering or Diploma in Biomedical engineering
· A Diploma in electro-mechanical, electronic engineering is an added advantage
· Specialized training in repair and maintenance of medical equipment is desired
· A minimum of three years of related work experience in a similar position
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications enclosing photocopies of certificates, updated CVs and three referees (not relatives) should be sent/delivered to the address below.
The Head of Human Resource and Administration
Joint Medical Store
Plot 1828, Gogonya Road, Nsambya
P.O. Box 4501,
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline