Job Title: Assistant Estates Manager / Civil Engineer
Organisation: National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manage
The National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, (NAGRC&DB) is a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries whose mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Assistant Estates Manager / Civil Engineer will manage the Centre’s estates, advise on and supervise the execution of physical and roads infrastructure development, projects and maintenance civil engineering works.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plans for and supervises the implementation of unit budgets, projects and programs.
· The jobholder manages inventory of the Headquarters and satellite stations including safe custody of records pertaining to titling of the institution’s land or renewal of leases as appropriate.
· Organizes and supervises the periodic valuation of the Centre’s estates.
· Supervises the execution of internally initiated or outsourced construction, rehabilitation and repair civil engineering works.
· Develops viable civil engineering projects or designs that meet the needs of the institution or as requested by the technical Units.
· Offers timely technical support in the sourcing for external contractors in the procurement process and supports the drafting of technical specifications for civil engineering contracts.
· Regularly monitors, supervises and reports on the status of the institution’s physical infrastructure and advises the management accordingly.
· Develops and executes schedules for periodic preventive maintenance of the institution’s physical infrastructure.
· Supports the technical Units in generating realistic technical specifications for civil engineering works during the budgeting process.
· Supervises and appraises performance of staff in the Unit
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised institution.
· A Masters degree in Estates Management or a relevant Civil Engineering discipline from recognised institution is an added advantage.
· At least five years’ experience in civil engineering, two (2) of which should have been at a supervisory level.
· Should be registered by the Engineers Registration Board of Uganda and a member of a recognized professional engineering body like the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers or equivalent institution.
· Should have well developed leadership, interpersonal relationship, negotiation and communication skills.
· Proven ability to manage simultaneous projects and to co-ordinate a safe and efficient operating environment.
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and engineering software packages.
· Broad knowledge of project management, strategic planning and budgeting.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their updated CVs, applications, testimonials and three professional referees (one of whom should be work-based) to;
The Executive Director,
Attn: Human Resource / Administration,
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and DataBank (NAGRC & DB)
P.O. Box 183, Entebbe-Uganda.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline