Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Heifer International
Project Name: The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Heifer International, an international not-for-profit organization founded in 1944 in the United States of America, works with resource constrained families in 125 countries worldwide to develop innovative solutions to the underlying causes of hunger, poverty and environmental degradation.
About EAYIP Program:
The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP) is a five-year program designed to motivate and engage more youth in the agricultural sector and present them with a pathway to improve their livelihoods. The program is implemented in various districts of Uganda and Tanzania.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant – EAYIP provides key coordination in the daily operations of the Programs and provide direct assistance to the Program Director in all aspects, including operations management and execution of administrative functions, as well as liaising with various other departments at project regional offices on areas of work including, but not limited to, daily operations, communication, policies and procedures, and legal issues. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating all Programs special projects initiatives and providing overall administrative support and assistance to EAYIP ensuring the day-to-day operations are carried out efficiently and effectively.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Support and assist in the implementation of day to day EAYIP operations (50%)
· Coordinate deadlines and priorities on a daily basis
· Coordinate production and proof read correspondence and presentations
· Manage the calendar of the Program Director
· Regularly monitor office supplies and order as needed
· Respond to written, oral and electronic inquiries to include screening and prioritizing correspondence, reports, presentations and other information for internal and external usage for the Program Director
· Work closely with the Human Resources & Administration Coordinator to coordinate travel arrangements and scheduling for the Program Director, including air travel, hotel reservations, car rental, required visas, immunizations, etc.
Plan and coordinate internal/external meetings (30%)
· Work in close coordination with the Human Resources & Administration Coordinator, coordinate international and domestic travel, including “partner” and prospect meetings and conferences for teams
· Coordinate room setup, refreshments, decor, and other necessary logistics
· Prepare and distribute agendas and meeting materials
· Record minutes for meetings and events
· Maintain the EAYIP meeting calendar
· The incumbent coordinate special projects such as the Program Director’s speaking engagements, luncheons, conferences and meetings with HPI staff, “partners”, Steering Committee, volunteers, donors and other individuals
Establish & manage EAYIP documentation and database systems (20%)
· Offer support in the production and creation of reports
· Maintain EAYIP legal documents
· Create and maintain files of program reports and other documents
· File incoming project documents as appropriate
· Create, maintain and update a database for project engagements
· Work closely with project regional offices on the development of operational policies and procedures and provide leadership to identify and coordinate administrative improvements within the program
· Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Heifer International Administrative Assistant vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies plus three (3) years of related experience
· A minimum of four (4) years’ office administrative experience preferred
· Working knowledge of the non-profit sector and the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
· Strong scheduling and project management skills.
· Knowledge of computers as a tool for word processing, communications and organizing. Must possess demonstrable skills using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good interpersonal skills, ability to be a team player and to work with people of varied backgrounds
· Strong English language skills – oral and written.
· Proficiency in basic statistics sufficient to analyze data.
· Ability to be accurate and attentive to detail, good writing, editing, typing and filing competences. Ability to prioritize, organize, and carry out multiple tasks efficiently under pressure and with little supervision; ability to accept supervision and to provide entry-level program support
· Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality at all times
· Ability to prepare and proof read correspondence for correct punctuation and grammar, and produce documents in a well-designed, attractive format with superior attention to detail
· Detail-oriented, collaborative, communicates clearly, organized, deadline-oriented, level-headed, positive nature
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Heifer International in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online be visiting the Web link below.
Deadline: 21st November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline