Job Title: Program Assistant
Project Name: Sayana Press Project
Funding Source: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tracking Code: 7824
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
About Sayana Press Project:
The Sayana Press Project is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF). Sayana Press (SP) is an innovative subcutaneous contraceptive. The project facilitates the introduction of Sayana Press through existing delivery channels in four African countries - Senegal, Burkina Faso, Niger and Uganda. Research on the new delivery mode of Sayana Press self-injection in Senegal and Uganda is underway. A new project will launch in January 2017 to generate evidence and guidance that decision-makers and implementers in Uganda and beyond can use to advance self-injection programs. This work will provide insights on how to design and implement self-injection programs that are cost-efficient but still achieve client proficiency and satisfaction; reach a range of women and adolescents through multiple channels; and ensure acceptability among health providers across multiple channels. The principal results of this new project will be optimal self-injection program components that can advance scalable and replicable self-injection programs in Uganda and elsewhere.
Job Summary: The Program Assistant will support the Sayana Press Project through the provision of administrative support to the project team across workstreams, including photocopying, scheduling meetings, filing, preparing training materials (flipcharts and participant folders) and assist with completion of administrative forms as required, including procurement request forms, check requests, meal conference forms, contribute directly through research, analysis, and/or writing to various types of reports, analyses, timelines, and presentations using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and MS Project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer administrative support to the Sayana Press project team across workstreams, including photocopying, scheduling meetings, filing, preparing training materials (flipcharts and participant folders).
· Handling invitations for meetings and events, preparing invitation & reminder letters, booking meeting and training venues, managing and organizing drivers’ schedules, and field support for trainings as needed.
· Internalize project workplan and anticipate administrative needs to support implementation, evaluation, and communication and dissemination workstreams.
· Offer support in the completion of administrative forms as required, including procurement request forms, check requests, meal conference forms, etc.
· Assist in managing Project Manager’s scheduling/calendar and other communications.
· Regularly attend team meetings, take notes and follow up on action items.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the PATH International Program Assistant career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree, or Associate's degree.
· At least four years' directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office suite and additional software is a requirement.
· Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Well organized, work well under deadlines, flexible/adaptable to changing priorities.
· Proactively seek solutions to challenges that arise, and ask for assistance when needed.
· Demonstrated ability to work well with a team.
· Ability to take direction and work autonomously on well-defined tasks.
· The applicant must have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join PATH in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online by clicking the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline