Job Title: Executive Assistant
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: MSC Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant will provide administrative and logistical support to the Executive Director for smooth running of the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain the office of the Executive Director to reflect the befitting status of the office.
· The jobholder will organize management meetings, take minutes and ensure safe custody of the management meeting records.
· The incumbent will manage the SMT annual agenda.
· Develop and manage the budget for the Executive Director for smooth operation of the office.
· Manage appointments, accord hospitality to visitors and organize meetings for the ED.
· Draft correspondences, speeches, reports and produce hard copies for the Executive input.
· Maintain the executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
· The incumbent will complete projects by following up actions of Officers by the Executive Director and provide feedback.
· Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine needed supplies, evaluate new office requirement, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
· Check operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and troubleshooting malfunctions and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Continuously develop professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing networks and participating in professional societies.
· Maintain a filing and information Systems for proper records management in ED’s office.
Key Result Areas:
· Well organized and maintained Office of the Executive Director
· Well-coordinated meetings, appointments, and manage all official correspondences for the smooth operations of the ED’s office and organization
· Developed and Manages budget of the ED’s office and other Logistics.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the MSC Executive Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree (honour’s) in Information and Office Management, business administration, or Economics, statistics with relevant experience or related degree with professional qualification such as ICSA.
· A minimum of four (4) years’ experience providing secretarial services in a top executive office.
· Previous experience in using different computer packages is an added advantage.
· Ability to build relationships and relate well with others to facilitate accomplishment of work targets.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Ability to demonstrate sound work ethics
· Ability to demonstrate excellent writing and oral communication skills.
· Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work.
· Ability to demonstrate confidentiality.
· Ability to understand the business.
· Ability to solve problems.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least 3 referees in properly sealed envelopes to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner. All applicants are required to fill a summary form upon submission of the application, Click Here.
The Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 33711 KAMPALA
Deadline: 30th November 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline