Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organization: Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC) is a semi-autonomous body established by an Act of Parliament (UNCC Act Cap 50). It is mandated to preserve, promote and popularize Art and Culture in Uganda and beyond.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for book keeping in Accounts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keeps proper and up to date accounting records.
· Manages petty cash.
· Receives, keeps and disburses cash (acts as a cashier)
· Prepares cheques
· The incumbent prepares payment vouchers.
· Makes banking.
· Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounts and Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution.
· Accounting Technicians Certificate or attainment of at least Level II of an Accounting professional qualification (CPA or ACCA) will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as Accounts Officer or Assistant from a reputable organization
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates along with the names and contacts of three professional referees either by post or hand delivery to;
The Human Resource and Administrative Manager,
Uganda National Cultural Centre,
Plot 2,4 &6 De-Winton Road,
P.O. Box 3187, Kampala,
Drop by hand delivery to Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC), National Theatre.
Deadline: 23rd November, 2016 by 5:00PM