Job Title: OVC Officer (7 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: OVC Programme Coordinator
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is an international non-profit organization which is a partnership of infectious diseases and public health specialists. The overall objective of the IDI is to strengthen health systems with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases, through Research and Capacity Development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University - John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach.
Job Summary: The OVC Officer will lead the day-to-day direct programme implementation of field OVC activities in liaison with the district, facility and community structures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carry out assessment of beneficiary households to identify specific OVC needs for program support
· Support functionality of OVC coordination structures at district and sub-district levels
· Support initiatives aimed at increasing OVC access to education and life skills.
· Lead capacity building initiatives among OVC service providers at various levels
· Build systems to ensure effective referral and linkages for OVCs to community support structures
· The incumbent will deliver economic strengthening initiatives to the critically vulnerable OVC households
· Ensure high quality reporting of OVC activities through national information management systems
· Actively promote access and utilization of child protection services among vulnerable children, youths and their household members.
· Ensure access to quality legal and protective services among victims of child abuse and survivors of Gender Based Violence
· Strengthen provision of high quality health care packages for OVCs and their households.
· Support OVC case management and beneficiary assessments to track progress towards graduation
· The incumbent will also document and report family and child success stories based on program intervention.
· Conduct monthly data collection, analysis and reporting on OVC activities in the supported district.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The IDI OVC Officer should hold a good bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Social Administration, social sciences or any other related field
· A minimum of two years’ recent experience implementing OVC programs
· Excellent computer skills are desirable.
· Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas
How to Apply:
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their application cover letter, CVs (with 2 professional referees) and copies of their academic credentials to:
The Manager, Human Resources,
Infectious Diseases Institute,
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University,
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 25th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline