Organisation: National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Farm Manager
The National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, (NAGRC&DB) is a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries whose mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Animal Husbandry Officer will be responsible for monitoring animal care and advise on product quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Regularly monitors and supervises the maintenance of sanitary conditions in the paddocks or kraals.
· Advises and supervises the preparation of animal fodder, supplements, water or other feeds.
· Monitors animal health and administers or supervises the routine administration of veterinary drugs.
· Supports pasture, breeding and other animal rearing activities.
· Mentors and trains farm workers on animal care procedures, maintenance duties, and safety precautions.
· Undertakes any other official duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in Animal Husbandry discipline from a recognized institution.
· A minimum of two years’ experience in animal breeding activities.
· Practical experience in animal handling and breeding management.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their updated CVs, applications, testimonials and three professional referees (one of whom should be work-based) to;
The Executive Director,
Attn: Human Resource / Administration,
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and DataBank (NAGRC & DB)
P.O. Box 183, Entebbe-Uganda.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline