Job Title: Branch Manager (4 Job Placements)
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank's regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Branch Manager will be responsible for all business activities and initiatives that will further the achievement of the institution's business objectives at the assigned branch. He/she will also be responsible for all branch operations and supervision of all branch staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Build new and maintain existing business relationships at the assigned branch;
· Drive the growth of business at the assigned branch through the recruitment of new customers and mobilization of loans customers; deposits (savings) customers, Money transfer services customers and Mobile banking customers;
· Champion customer service at the branch level;
· Ensure adherence to the institution's Policies, Procedures and/or internal controls and statutory regulations;
· Provide leadership to and develop staff at the assigned branch, as well as manage the staff issues in line with the institution's Human resources policies & procedures
· Continuously undertake local market research to assess competition, customer trends and any emerging developments;
· Actively promote the institution's corporate image at the branch level and coordinating all Public Relations (PR) requirements for the branch
· Prepare annual and periodic work plans and budgets for the assigned branch
· Periodically evaluate the performance of the Branch against work plans and budget targets, managing performance through regular staff appraisals and taking corrective action and recommending them for training where necessary.
· Timely compiling and submitting all necessary reports and returns to Head Office.
· Supervise the administration of loans and monitor closely all loan repayments to ensure early problem recognition and response.
· Maintain proper security over the assigned branch office, all documents, furniture, fittings and equipment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the UGAFODE Branch Managers must hold Bachelor’s degrees in business-related fields from recognized universities.
· At least five years’ relevant working experience in a financial institution, of which 2 must have been in branch management (Credit or Operations)
· Excellent communications and negotiation skills;
· Professional credibility and high integrity
· Strong leadership skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Self-drive; Customer centric disposition; and a Proven track record in delivering business growth targets.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include a motivation letter and an up-to-date detailed CV, certified copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates. Your applications should include names of three professional referees and a day-time telephone contact. Send them to:
Head of Human Resources,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position you are applying for)
Deadline: 2nd December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline