Organization: Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: BCC Specialist
Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU) is a non-governmental organization that implements Development Communication programs aimed at influencing positive behavior change for the social development of men, women and children in Uganda and the entire East African Region.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU) is a consortium partner in implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Job Summary: The Project Officers (BCC) - Community Mobilisation will provide BCC support to program activities including community mobilisation, mentoring and monitoring of all stakeholders at all levels down to the household level, implementing documenting and reporting of all BCC activities of the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID Project Officer (BCC) - Community Mobilisation job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Health, Social Sciences, Population or related field.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in implementing Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) interventions.
· Demonstrate knowledgeable practice of working with districts, non-governmental and community based organizations as well as government departments.
· Previous experience working at the community level to implement BCC interventions.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Good presentation and writing skills.
· Computer skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
· Ability to speak and understand Lusoga or Luganda local languages will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should hand deliver their applications, certificate of good conduct, CV, Copies of academic certificates, contact information for three professional references and daytime telephone contact addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer,
Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU),
P. O. Box 8734, Plot 105, Kiira Road,
Kamwokya, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 11th November 2016 by 12:00 Noon
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline