Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor Corporate Brand Management
Job Code: HRM/011/603
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer Corporate Brand Management will build the brand and market URA products and initiatives, and coordinate public relations events to enhance URA’s visibility and reputation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority URA Officer Corporate Brand Management job placement must hold a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or business related with a specialization in Marketing.
· Specialized training in Client Relationship Management is desired
· Specialized training in Graphic Designing is an added advantage
· At least two years’ experience in a Client Relationship Management Environment in a reputable Organization.
· Demonstrated experience in developing branding/ communication materials.
· Demonstrable knowledge of tax laws of Uganda.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the Branding Management principles and guidelines.
· High level of integrity
· Ability to design and effectively market products to all applicable market segments.
· Good graphic designing skills
· Ability to effectively communicate, both orally & in written
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team
· Demonstrable creativity and innovativeness
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online by visiting the website below. Please go to Careers link, Click Here, ‘CAREERS -> EXPERIENTIAL HIRING -> Login (If new, register, else continue)’ to view detailed job description of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies. All applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Transcript, O’ Level, A’ level, Degree certificates. Each attachment should not exceed a limit of 1MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) are allowed.
Note: The list of shortlisted and successful candidates will be published on the URA website. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Any applicants found with forged academic documents will be charged in the courts of law.
Deadline: 30th November 2016 at 11:59pm