Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor Compliance - Investigations
Job Code: HRM/052/600
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer Compliance – Integrity will implement the staff compliance function and monitor adherence to the URA operational standards, policies and practices to enhance staff compliance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority URA Officer Compliance - Integrity job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any business related course from a recognized University.
· Possession of a Post Graduate Qualification in a related Discipline
· Any other additional qualification or Training in a related discipline.
· At least three years’ experience in compliance management related function, in a reputable organization.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of Tax Laws, Leadership Codes, Police Act, the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and Labor Laws.
· Knowledge of policy formulation and reviews.
· Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework
· Knowledge of the Laws of Uganda.
· High degree of Integrity.
· Excellent report writing and communication skills.
· Proficiency in the use of computing applications for research and reporting.
· Ability to conduct training and supervision of a team of professional staff.
· Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Good presentation and negotiation capability.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online by visiting the website below. Please go to Careers link, Click Here, ‘CAREERS -> EXPERIENTIAL HIRING -> Login (If new, register, else continue)’ to view detailed job description of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies. All applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Transcript, O’ Level, A’ level, Degree certificates. Each attachment should not exceed a limit of 1MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) are allowed.
Note: The list of shortlisted and successful candidates will be published on the URA website. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Any applicants found with forged academic documents will be charged in the courts of law.
Deadline: 30th November 2016 at 11:59pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline