Organization: SOS Children’s Villages
Project Name: USAID/Uganda Better Outcomes/DREAMs Project
Reports to: Field Assistant
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda (Sub-counties of Lakwana, Bungatira, and Bardege)
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda is an indigenous non-government, social development organisation affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organisation, currently running Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. SOS has been working in Uganda since 1991, and runs Children’s Villages and other projects at Kakiri, Entebbe (Abaita Ababiri), Gulu and in Fort Portal - Kabarole district.
About USAID Better Outcomes Project:
SOS Children’s Villages Gulu under Family Strengthening Program, with support from USAID/Uganda BETTER OUTCOMEs/DREAMs Project has got an extension to new sub counties of Lakwana, Bungatira and Bardege. Through our Family strengthening program (FSP), our community work in Gulu District focuses on children at risk of losing parental care. The FSP is a sustainable and innovative community based methodology that empowers orphans and other vulnerable children (OVC) from within their natural family environment. The project intends to ensure that more OVCs, youth and their care givers access and utilize core services to improve Health, Nutrition, Education and psychosocial wellbeing and reducing abuse, exploitation and neglect.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work closely with community para-social workers to Mobilize and organize children and youth into groups and coordinating all group activities.
· Mentor and train Peer Educators Clubs and Girls First club members in Better Outcomes Youth alive curriculum Sessions.
· Support the linkage of youth to other services through effective referrals.
· Attend monthly technical meetings organized by Youth Alive Better Outcomes team.
· The incumbent will keep records of PEEC, PECs and Girls First activities.
· Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports and keep track of participants’ attendance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should preferably hold O-Level Certificates (6 Passes) or its equivalent.
· A minimum of two years’ relevant experience in community development, Mobilization, Training or Facilitation
· Knowledge of area local language is essential
· Knowledge of the local socio-economic environment.
· The applicant must be a person with a good moral character in the local area.
· Must be a resident in the specified sub county.
· Working knowledge of youth interactive session is of added advantage.
· Possession of a letter of recommendation from Chairpersons of L.C 1 and L.C. 3 is essential.
· Recommendation letter(s) from Previous Employer(s) is a great asset
· Age: Above 21 years
Note: Specify the Sub County of preference in the subject of your application letter (Lakwana, Bungatira, and Bardege)
How to Apply:
All applicants, who meet the specified job requirements, should send their application letters enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae, current salary information, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, including telephone contact and details of at least three professional references. Please submit your written application indicating in the subject line the position title, all copies of submitted academic papers MUST be certified. Address your application to:
The Human Resource Coordinator,
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
25 km on Kampala-Entebbe Rd, AbaitaAbabiri,
P.O Box 27510,
E-mail to: email@example.com or hand deliver to SOS Gulu office behind Pece Stadium.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016 by 4:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline