Job Title: Clerk Assistant (3 No Experience Jobs)
Organisation: Parliamentary Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Clerk Assistant
The Parliamentary Commission of Uganda serves the following functions;
· Appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over persons holding public office in Parliament;
· Review the terms and conditions of service, standing orders, training and qualifications of persons holding office in Parliament;
· Provide a Parliamentary reporting service;
· Provide such other staff and facilities as are required to ensure efficient functioning of the Parliament;
· To cause to be prepared in each financial year, estimates of revenue and expenditure for the next financial year; and
· Make recommendations to Parliament, or with the approval of Parliament, determine the allowances payable and privileges available to the Speaker and Members of Parliament.
Job Summary: The Clerk Assistant will provide administrative and secretariat support to Committees of Parliament and the House.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform the duties of Clerk at Table.
· Take minutes of the Plenary and the Committees of Parliament.
· The incumbent will interpret Rules of Procedure of Parliament.
· Arrange and organize for the meetings of Committees.
· Prepare and submit Committee Reports.
· Maintain Members’ register in the Plenary and Committee meetings.
· Draw-up the Order of Business for Committees;
· Draft Committee Reports;
· Work closely with Government Institutions and Departments on matters relating to bills, motions, statements, petitions and questions.
· Perform duties of a Secretary to a Committee.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Clerk Assistant jobs should hold an Honours Bachelors Degree in the Arts/humanities; Social Sciences; Social Work and Social Administration, Law with a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre; Public Administration, Business Administration, or Development Studies from a recognized University/ Institution.
· Excellent report writing and minute-taking skills.
· Good computer skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to interface with Members of Parliament.
· Age: 21 years and above
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandans are encouraged to send updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) stating two referees; and certified copies of their academic certificates and transcripts. The applications should be addressed to the Secretary, Parliamentary Commission and posted to P.O. Box 7178 Kampala; or hand delivered to the Parliamentary Registry - Parliament Buildings, Room 112, 1st Floor, South Wing; Parliament of Uganda.
Deadline: Friday 2nd December, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline