Job Title: Pool Stenographer (24 Fresher O’ Level Jobs)
Organisation: Ministry of Public Service
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 147/286/01 VOL. XIII
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U6
Reports to: Personal Secretary
The Public Service Commission was established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. The Public Service Commission has a mission “To provide Government with employees of the right caliber, in right numbers, placed in the right jobs at the right time.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of typing and presenting accurate and error free work.
· Tasked with receiving callers, either in person or on phone.
· Ensuring timely work and information flow to and from the office.
· Ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of office.
· In charge of requisitioning and managing office stationery and equipment.
· Making and following up on appointments.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should be Ugandans holding:- Either an Ordinary Level Certificate with at least two (2) Credits including English Language and 3 passes, plus a UNEB Certificate(s) with the following subjects: Business Communication Stage II, Typewriting Stage II (40 WPM), Shorthand Stage II (80/90 WPM), Office Practice Stage II/Secretarial Duties II and Computer skills using Word Processing Package.
· The ‘O’ Level requirement stated above, does not apply in the case(s) of:
o Serving officers without an ‘O’ Level Certificate but possess a certificate of skills up-grading course for Copy Typists which was organized by the Ministry of Public Service and conducted by Uganda Management Institute.
o Serving officers who had joined the Secretarial Cadre by 19th March 2001.
· A Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent qualifications from a recognized awarding Institution.
· Possession of qualifications and Skills in Customer Care, Principles of Accounts II, Economics II or Commerce II
· Computer skills using several packages like Spread sheets, data-base management and Knowledge of using various office machines lie fax, photocopiers and audio equipment will be an added advantage.
· Age: 21 years and above
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably, qualified, serving Public Officers in Ministries/Departments/Agencies and Local Governments to fill the following vacant posts. Please fill in the Application Forms/Public Service Form No.3 (2008), download here, in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form), download here and send to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P. O. Box 7080, Kampala. Uganda
The Application and Summary Forms are also obtainable from the Public Service Commission
Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices. Hand written applications are also acceptable. The Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC Internal Advert. No. 3/2016” should be clearly indicated on the top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and original of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for.
Deadline: 21st December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline