Job Title: Regional Manager (2 Job Vacancies)
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Human Resource
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank's regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Regional Manager will provide overall leadership and responsible for achievement of Institution’s performance goals/objectives in the Branches under his/her supervision. These objectives majorly include Loan portfolio growth and quality, Savings portfolio growth, profitability, outreach, efficiency and quality of service delivery, effective usage of alternate delivery channels, maintaining a motivated and productive staff, compliance to policies & procedures and regulations, among others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement the regional strategic plans in line with the company objectives:
o Develop annual budgets in liaison with all heads of departments
o Provide regional analytical data to the Executive Director relative to financial activities based on strategic and operational plans.
o Prepare annual work plans, reviewed semi-annually or quarterly, with the Executive Director.
o Plan and ensure adequate number of staff to fulfil strategic and operational objectives of the regional office.
o Hold branch managers accountable for their supervisory teams’ budgets or expenditure.
o Develop regional annual operating plan / Budget in liaison with the Finance Manager.
o Enhance compliance to policies and procedures
o Ensure risk mitigation measures are implemented to control identified risks.
· Plan and Monitor the implementation of the loan disbursement processes as per set disbursement standards mainly focusing on quick service delivery and efficiency while ensuring proper loan documentation standards.
· Plan and monitor the implementation of the savings performance indicators in the branches under his/her supervision.
· Plan and Monitor loan portfolio growth, quality and outreach as per regional targets
· Identify, Assess, Monitor, and Respond to customer concerns
· Monitor Alternate Business Channels
· regularly monitor implementation of compliance recommendation and standards in all areas of business operations (credit, general banking operations, regulatory) in Branches supervised
· Ensures risk mitigation controls as recommended by the Board are implemented in the branches under his/her supervision.
· Conduct other administrative roles with regard to operational activities as per set administrative policies and procedures
· Compile, analyse, and provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly regional performance reports to management as per regional reporting requirements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Regional Manager job placement must hold a University Degree preferably in commerce and accounting (B.Com), Business Administration (B.BA/ Banking) or related discipline.
· Possession of a Masters Degree in any Business related discipline is an added advantage
· A minimum of five years’ experience in a recognized micro finance institution or commercial bank, with two years at the Branch manager level, or other acceptable supervisory capacity
· A well-developed ability to manage and motivate staff.
· A sound knowledge of micro finance/banking accounting computer systems and comfortable operation with the MS Excel (spread sheets), MS word is a MUST.
· A sound knowledge of micro-finance, principles, and practices of banking.
· Highly analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent people manager with good team building skills and proven record of managing developing teams
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, up-to-date detailed CVs with at least three professional referees with their telephone contacts. Send them to:
Head of Human Resources,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 20th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline