Job Title: Project Field Officer (2 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Belgian Development Agency (BTC)
Duty Station: NTC Mubende and NTC Kabale, Uganda
The Belgian Development Agency, BTC, mobilises its resources and its expertise to eliminate poverty in the world. BTC contributes to the efforts of the international community and works towards a society that provides present and future generations with sufficient resources to build a sustainable and fair world. BTC currently supports more than 200 cooperation projects and programmes in 18 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. In the future, BTC’s efforts will focus on 14 partner countries as a result of a decision made by the Minister of Development Cooperation.
Job Summary: The Project Field Officer will support the BTC Uganda project ‘Improve Teachers Secondary Education in the National Teachers’ College of Mubende and Kabale’ implemented in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Sports (TIET department) in the National Teachers Colleges. The incumbent will focus predominantly on pedagogic professional development of NTCs Lecturers and Teacher-trainees, supporting management and staff of the colleges in the delivery of Active Teaching & Learning methodologies in the NTCs and partner secondary schools. The Project Field Officer will actively contribute to the strengthening of the colleges’ management and other institutional development activities in the colleges.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate and supervise the implementation of project activities at the level of the NTC in accordance with the approved project work plans.
· Offer technical expertise in areas related to teacher education and pedagogy.
· Work in close cooperation with the NTC management to develop capacity building strategies for the NTCs academic and management staff
· Support and provide on-the-job training and coaching to the NTC management and academic staff in view to improve the quality of teaching and learning in the college.
· Actively contribute to the strategic planning of project-related activities and ensure their timely at the NTC level.
· Support the dissemination by the college of successes and good practices to the NTC partner secondary schools and to other NTCs.
· Keep the project management team and the NTC staff continuously informed on issues related to implementation of pedagogic and other activities supported by the project in the college.
· Ensure the capturing and integration of lessons learnt and experience drawn from the implementation of project activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a University degree in Education, in areas of pedagogy, teacher training, academic management, etc.
· A minimum of seven years of proven experience in teacher education and teacher training management
· Proven expertise in student-centred Active Teaching & Learning approaches and IT4 Education
· Broad knowledge of the current secondary education reform in Uganda is an asset
· Knowledge of BTC education projects and of BTC work methodologies is an asset
· Excellent English writing skills
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficient use of Windows Office software
· Excellent communication and facilitation skills (interest in participatory approaches and team work)
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Belgian Development Agency (BTC) in this capacity are encouraged to apply online by sending your application letter and resume, plus copies of academic and professional qualification certificates as well as at least three recent professional references to the Resident Representative, BTC, P.O. Box 40131, Kampala-Uganda, or hand deliver to: Lower Kololo Terrace, Plot 1B.
Deadline: 18th November, 2016 by 5:00pm