Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 52/272/01 Vol.4
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U2
Reports to: Assistant Commissioner Equity and Rights
The Public Service Commission was established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. The Public Service Commission has a mission “To provide Government with employees of the right caliber, in right numbers, placed in the right jobs at the right time.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for developing and promoting equal opportunities programmes.
· In charge of designing and implementing poverty eradication projects.
· Preparing and submitting technical reports on the performance of poverty and equity programmes.
· In charge of monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of organs charged with the management and implementation of equity programmes.
· In charge of developing and designing equity tracking indicators and techniques for household and community levels.
· Assessing and vetting activities of non-government organisations (NGOs) involved in equity promotion.
· In charge of designing and coordinating capacity building programmes in the areas of equity promotion.
· Sensitizing and awareness creation for marginalized groups
· Responsible for designing of training manuals as well as information education and communication material on promotion.
· Offering timely technical support in the areas of equity and rights promotion.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Law, Human Rights, Economics, Arts or Humanities or any other related field plus a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in any of the above disciplines from a recognized University/Institution.
· A minimum of six (6) years working experience three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Senior Social Development Officer or Senior Officer in Social Development or Community Development discipline in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
· Personal Competencies: Rights Based Approaches, interpersonal and communication skills, results oriented and advocacy, ethics and integrity, team work and leadership, coaching and mentoring.
· Age: 28 years and above
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably, qualified, serving Public Officers in Ministries/Departments/Agencies and Local Governments to fill the following vacant posts. Please fill in the Application Forms/Public Service Form No.3 (2008), download here, in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form), download here and send to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P. O. Box 7080, Kampala. Uganda
The Application and Summary Forms are also obtainable from the Public Service Commission
Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices. Hand written applications are also acceptable. The Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC Internal Advert. No. 3/2016” should be clearly indicated on the top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and original of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for.
Deadline: 21st December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline