Job Title: Project Officer (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Straight Talk Foundation (STF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Centre Coordinator
Straight Talk Foundation is an indigenous health communications NGO operating nationally in Uganda through the provision of quality behaviour change programs. Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a Ugandan health communication NGO registered in 1997. Straight Talk Foundation has existing opportunities available on three of its new projects that include;
· The Irish AID Bursary Program in Karamoja, that seeks to benefit bright but disadvantaged children.
· The Better Life for Girls, a UNFPA funded project to improve health and wellbeing of adolescents especially girls in the Karamoja sub-region.
· Prevention of AIDS in Communities of Karamoja (PACK), funded by the Irish AID.
Job Summary: The Project Officer will support the Centre Coordinator in the coordination of the implementation of project operations in line with STF approved plans and policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Straight Talk Foundation Project Officer vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities. Post graduate training in Counseling is an added advantage.
· At least two years of relevant working experience in HIV & AIDS counseling, sexual and reproductive health as well as provision of youth friendly services preferably in an NGO.
· High levels of integrity and commitment.
· Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
· Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
· Excellent time management and planning capacity.
· Broad knowledge of approaches and techniques for mobilisation, sensitization and working with communities.
· Working knowledge of youth participation, training approaches for children, youth and adults.
· Broad knowledge of HIV prevention.
· Approaches and techniques of guidance and counseling.
· Ability to develop and communicate messages on sexuality and reproductive health (including HIV & AIDS) for different age groups and communities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV, Cover letter and academic documents to:
The Manager Human Resource & Administration,
Straight Talk Foundation,
Plot 4 Acacia Avenue,
P.O. Box 22366, Kampala. Uganda
Or Send via E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline