Job Title: Project Assistant-Education (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Build Africa
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Officer
Build Africa is an International NGO that has been operational in Uganda since 1996. Build Africa Uganda (BAU) programmes focus on Education and Livelihood improvement. BAU currently works in 13 j districts with its field programs coordinated through two Area offices located in Kumi and Masindi. Build Africa is currently implementing a number of projects from different donors.
Job Summary: The Project Assistant-Education is mainly responsible for project activity implementation to include school and community mobilization, training, community partnership liaison, data capture and reporting. S/he will contribute to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) function and will report to the Project Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the Project Assistant – Education jobs must hold Bachelor’s degrees in Education, Development Studies, Social work and Community based development
· A minimum of two years’ work experience on development projects, preferably with an INGO.
· Previous experience of direct working with communities and children
· Prior exposure and experience in community mobilization approaches
· Proven experience and technical knowledge of managing community based projects
· Previous experience of organising and supporting the facilitation of training sessions
· Broad knowledge in data collection approaches, methods and tools
· Awareness of Child Safeguarding issues
· A person of high integrity that will follow BAU's core values and adhere to a zero tolerance on waste and corruption.
· Organised with strong attention to detail for accuracy
· Effective communication and listening skills,
· Willingness to speak up and proactively raise issues
· Excellent report writing skills
· Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Ability to ride a motor cycle with a valid riding permit
· A good team player who shows creativity and innovation.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Ability to work under sometimes harsh field conditions
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV/resume which should include your contact information and three professional referees, state your current salary and expectations. Send to;
The Human Resources Officer, Kampala or
Email to: email@example.com
Physically submit applications to the address below;
Build Africa Uganda- Kampala (Head Office), Plot 431 & 424, Central Zone, Off Gaba Road, P.O Box 7224 Kampala. Tel 0414 267828
Build Africa Uganda- Kumi, Plot 28 Liang Road,
P.O. Box 350 Kumi. Tel 0392 769648
Build Africa Uganda- Masindi, Plot 2 Kabalega Crescent,
P.O. Box 66 Masindi. Tel 0465420171
Deadline: 14th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline