Job Title: Finance Assistant/Cashier (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Kampala and Lira, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Officer
Mercy Corps is an International non-profit organization that has been operating in Uganda since 2006 and works to catalyze change makers within the Ugandan private sector, civil society and government to create economically dynamic, healthy and secure communities. Our works focus on building resilience and enable economic growth, improve opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improved governance and conflict management. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant/Cashier will be responsible for assigned field office petty cash management, compliance, and maintaining proper, accurate and well organized Finance documents etc. The incumbent is mainly responsible for updating and tracking Advances and finance files. He/she is responsible to make sure that all AAM, segregation of duties and policies and procedures are respected as per the FFM, procurement manual, assets mgt and other manuals/policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Follow all Mercy Corps policies, procedures, grant compliance and documentation requirements.
· Implement and Make sure all Mercy Corps FFM, procurement, assets management, HR policies and procedures are implemented.
· The incumbent will implement and Make sure all respective donors and local Gov’t rules and regulations are respected.
· Ensure compliance with GAAPs, Ugandan and US law and standard accounting practice.
· Responsible for organizing and filing bank transactions for FO to record in Accounting Software.
· Cross checking all advances, purchase requests, quotation analysis, purchase orders, expense report, payment requests and others before writing cheques or and issuing out cash after approvals and reviews are done.
· Recording all Cash and Bank transactions in Excel first for daily tracking and monitoring of cash movement and balances to avoid overdrawn accounts.
· Work closely with SFA to ensure daily recording of transactions in Navigator, prepare them for final review by SFO.
· Writing Cheques for vendor payments and issuing advances to staff and making instant follow up for long due outstanding advances.
· Stamping all transactions for office with PAID Stamp as well as Expense reports and Advances PAID and CLEARED appropriately.
· Ensure that all processed payments have receipts attached whether paid by EFTs, Cheque or MM.
· Updating and maintaining advance register for the office, tracking and making instant follow ups on staff with outstanding advances to ensure compliance with MC advance policy.
· Ensure that staff timesheets are collected on time, organized, well filed and labeled for quick retrieval.
· Retrieve and refiling back documents appropriately as requested by staff as well as Auditors with the help of Senior Finance Assistant and Senior Finance Officer.
· Attaching Posted Vouchers to respective transactions for as well Labeling Field transaction files after posting and achieving on a monthly basis.
· Receiving Staff accountabilities after FO reviews, to match with original advance forms and copies of relevant forms like Travel Approval Authorization in case of Travel Expense Reports. Ensure that correct amounts are cleared with valid and original receipts and other documentation as required.
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
· Assist other finance functions and offices when ever need arises.
· Perform any other tasks to be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Finance Assistant/Cashier job opportunity should a 2nd Class Upper Diploma in Business Studies from a recognized Institution.
· Partial (Level two and above ) or full CPA or ACCA is an added advantage
· At least two years’ experience in Finance and Accounting is preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of financial management and accounting.
· Excellent analytical skills including attention to details are essential.
· Demonstrated experience and skill with financial reports preparation and presentation and proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
· Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
· Excellent oral and written English skills
· Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
· Proven ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful financial information is essential.
· A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
· An impeccable professional standard of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential.
· Willingness to travel rotate to any Mercy Corps Field Offices and Head office whenever need arises.
How to Apply:
All prospective Ugandans who wish to join Mercy Corps are encouraged to send their applications via email including a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Kampala Head Office on 4th Floor Embassy Plaza, Plot 1188-1190 Ggaba Road.
Deadline: 8th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline