Job Title: Community Outreach Officer (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Fortportal, Uganda
Reports to: Study Coordinator and Community Outreach Coordinator
Position Number: 034/016
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda.
Job Summary: The Community Outreach Officer will actively promote meaningful and mutually beneficial community participation in MUWRP-JMEDDIC based Research.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Build and maintain close collaborative links with study communities through meetings with key stakeholders and study participants and working closely with project leaders on providing feedback to stake holders.
· Carry out meetings with peer leaders of study participants to guide organization’s operations with the study population
· Develop, implement and evaluate volunteer recruitment strategies and outreach efforts to increase awareness of, and enrolment into clinical research studies
· Actively facilitate enrolment of research volunteers into the study.
· Administer questionnaires to research volunteers
· Conduct health education to Research Participants
· Work closely with the research team to monitor and follow up of study participants for study compliance
· Identify and bring to the attention of the research team, key barriers to research participant recruitment
· Conduct behavioral oriented counseling on psycho social issues for research participants
· Carry out home visits for the research volunteers if needed.
· Take part in organizing project’s events and commemoration of the HIV international days
· Engage in public relation activities within and out of the organization
· Facilitate CAB functions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a higher Diploma in Adult and community education, social science, Journalism, Mass communication or related field.
· Sound knowledge of how to engage communities in research and understanding factors that facilitate community participation.
· Previous exposure and experience in Health communication, and stakeholder engagement.
· Use of media technology, preparing IEC materials.
· Ability to work outside regular work hours.
· Experience working in a research environment recruiting diverse population is added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should download the application form, download here, attach it together with application letters, CVs, Photocopies of academic qualifications and three professional referees. The position number (Check top of advert) and preferred location should clearly be stated in the application letter.
Please send applications to:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Plot 42 Nakasero Road.
P.O. Box 16524 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 16th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline