Job Title: Driver (4 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Heifer International
Project Name: The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Wakiso and Mbale, Uganda
Heifer International, an international not-for-profit organization founded in 1944 in the United States of America, works with resource constrained families in 125 countries worldwide to develop innovative solutions to the underlying causes of hunger, poverty and environmental degradation.
About EAYIP Program:
The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP) is a five-year program designed to motivate and engage more youth in the agricultural sector and present them with a pathway to improve their livelihoods. The program is implemented in various districts of Uganda and Tanzania.
Job Summary: The Driver will maintain Heifer vehicles by ensuring they stay clean and receive regular scheduled maintenance. The incumbent will be responsible for receiving international visitors, driving staff or guests to project sites, and running office errands. This position, in conjunction with administrative staff, will be responsible for ensuring that all required permits and insurance are kept current by alerting the appropriate staff members in time for renewals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Heifer International Driver vacancy must hold an Advanced level certificate
· Certificate in defensive driving from a sanctioned driving institute
· A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in a non-profit/developmental organization setting.
· Basic to intermediate knowledge of vehicle mechanics.
· Excellent communication skills both in English and local language of the cluster area.
· Strong adherence to the motor vehicle usage policy, as well as local and national traffic laws/ Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate with individuals- diplomatically and tactfully.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send copies of certificates, cover letters with updated C.Vs indicating two professional referees to: The Country Director- Heifer International Uganda on P.O. Box 28491 Kampala either by hand delivery (9am-3pm) to Plot 6 Clement Hill Road, Nakasero OR via Email to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 26th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline