Job Title: Cluster Coordinator (4 Career Jobs)
Organization: Heifer International
Project Name: The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP)
Duty Station: Wakiso and Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: EAYIP Social Capital and Cluster Manager
Heifer International, an international not-for-profit organization founded in 1944 in the United States of America, works with resource constrained families in 125 countries worldwide to develop innovative solutions to the underlying causes of hunger, poverty and environmental degradation.
About EAYIP Program:
The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP) is a five-year program designed to motivate and engage more youth in the agricultural sector and present them with a pathway to improve their livelihoods. The program is implemented in various districts of Uganda and Tanzania.
Job Summary: The Cluster Coordinators will provide leadership on hub business and will be responsible for managing and providing technical guidance to the business operations of the agricultural value chain enterprises in the Cluster for the EAYIP. The incumbent will ensure increased production and productivity in the agribusinesses which are the key outcome of the project. The jobholder will also be leading and working through a team of Cluster personnel and other consortium staff, he/she will provide technical guidance and support to producer organization boards, staff and farmers on dairy production and productivity issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Heifer International Cluster Coordinator vacancy must hold a Master’s degree in Agriculture, Animal Science or a related field
· A minimum five (5) years’ experience in crop and or dairy production management with a background in dairy/crop enterprise management.
· Significant experience in developing private public partnerships especially at country level working in matrix reporting environment.
· Prior experience and ability to inoculate dairy as a financial viable business proposition at both the farm and producer organization
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the dairy value chain and Heifer’s Value based model.
· Demonstrated experience in setting robust and sustainable extension systems for producer organizations. This requirement is in line with the need to have built- in exit strategies within the project as a measure of ensuring that there are self-sustaining businesses by project’s end.
· Broad knowledge and experience in facilitating development of farm-level business plans and feasibility studies including the computation of the associated key financial ratios and benchmarks.
· Previous exposure and experience in implementing supply promotion/stimulation strategies in the context of dairy sub-sector and other agricultural sub- sectors.
· Proficient in communicating in English and local languages, oral and written.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send copies of certificates, cover letters with updated C.Vs indicating two professional referees to: The Country Director- Heifer International Uganda on P.O. Box 28491 Kampala either by hand delivery (9am-3pm) to Plot 6 Clement Hill Road, Nakasero OR via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 26th November, 2016