Organisation: Ministry of Local Government
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 77/184/03
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U1SE
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
The Public Service Commission was established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. The Public Service Commission has a mission “To provide Government with employees of the right caliber, in right numbers, placed in the right jobs at the right time.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of managing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of national policies, programmes, Council decisions and projects in the Municipality.
· Guiding the Council on technical, administrative and legal matters pertaining to the management of the Municipal.
· Responsible for developing and coordinating plans and budgets for Council activities;
· In charge of managing the acquisition, utilization, maintenance and accountability for the human, financial and physical resources of the Municipality;
· Supervising and evaluating performance of staff in the Municipality;
· Enhancing the collaboration linkages with other Local Councils and organizations both within and outside the Municipality on matters pertaining to development;
· In charge of assessing taxes and issuing licenses for operating businesses in the Municipality;
· Mobilizing urban community for development purposes;
· Supporting proper physical development planning for the Municipality and ensuring implementation of physical development plans;
· Developing and maintaining infrastructure in the municipality including roads and buildings;
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Town Clerk (Municipality) must be Ugandan serving officers in possession of qualifications in the following fields: An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Human Resource Management or Social Sciences or Social Work and Social Administration or Development Studies or Law or Commerce (Management option) or Business Administration (Management option) or Business Studies (Management option) or Management Science or Urban Planning and Management from a recognized University/Institution.
· Additionally, applicants should have a Certificate in Administrative Law and a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or Public Administration and Management or Urban Planning and Management or Development Studies or Finance and Accounting from a recognized University/Institution.
· Possession of a Masters Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration (Human Resources Management option) or Public Administration and Management shall be an added advantage.
· A minimum of ten (10) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served as Deputy Town Clerk (Municipality) level in Government or equivalent level of working experience from a reputable organization.
· Applicants should be of high moral character and proven integrity, self motivated, strategic thinker.
· Possess excellent interpersonal, negotiation, management, team building, report writing, computer and projects management skills.
· The applicants should also be knowledgeable about Government policies and procedures especially on the Local Governments.
· Age: 35 years and above
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably, qualified, serving Public Officers in Ministries/Departments/Agencies and Local Governments to fill the following vacant posts. Please fill in the Application Forms/Public Service Form No.3 (2008), download here, in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form), download here and send to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P. O. Box 7080, Kampala. Uganda
The Application and Summary Forms are also obtainable from the Public Service Commission
Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices. Hand written applications are also acceptable. The Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC Internal Advert. No. 3/2016” should be clearly indicated on the top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and original of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for.
Deadline: 21st December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline