Organization: Chemonics International Inc.
Project Name: Uganda Youth Leadership for Agriculture Activity (UYLA)
Funding Source: USAID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Grants and SAF Manager
Chemonics International Inc. is certified consulting company that has partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world for overe 40 years.
About Feed the Future Program:
Feed the Future, the U.S. Government’s global hunger and food security initiative, is establishing a foundation for lasting progress against global hunger. The Feed the Future Uganda Youth Leadership for Agriculture is a 5 year Activity which will support Ugandan partners, with youth in the lead, to identify and drive forward sustainable, inclusive, and cost-effective approaches that put youth, especially female youth, squarely in the agriculture sector as leaders, farmers, entrepreneurs, and employees. The purpose of this flagship activity is to increase economic opportunities for approximately 350,000 Ugandan female and male youth ages 10 to 35 in agriculture-related fields, in order to increase their incomes and build their entrepreneurship, leadership, and workforce readiness skills.
Job Summary: The Grants & Strategic Activities Fund (SAF) Assistant will actively engage dynamic private sector firms, associations, and NGOs/CBOs, especially youth- led organizations in the $1 million grants fund and a $1.2 million SAF. The grants and subcontracts will be performance-based and used to implement district- level and some national-level interventions, such as a national public awareness campaign and leadership development. The Grants and SAF Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Grants and SAF Manager in the management of the grants and SAF funds. The Grants and SAF Assistant will work in liaison with the Grants and SAF Manager to ensure both adequate documentation of grants and subcontract operations and that all aspects of grant and subcontract practices and that procedures follow sound financial management principles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in scheduling proposal evaluations, pre-award assessment visits and trainings
· The incumbent will record minutes for the Grants and SAF unit meetings
· Regularly review monthly grantee reconciliations, financial reports and accountabilities in line with policies and procedures established by USAID and Chemonics.
· Follow-up with grantees to ensure that deliverables are submitted on time
· Follow-up with pertinent technical team members to ensure that deliverables are reviewed and approved in a timely manner
· Support monthly/quarterly data verification activities as required
· Work closely with the Finance unit to ensure timely disbursement of funds to grantees
· Work in close collaboration with the Grants and SAF Manager to track grantee/SAF expenditures against budgets and deliverables against agreements/contracts.
· Maintain updated grants and subcontracts files in an organized manner, using Chemonics’ grant file checklist.
· Maintain an updated grants tracker
· Perform any other duties within the scope of the responsibilities of the position as directed by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the USAID UYLA Project Grants & Strategic Activities Fund (SAF) Assistant job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Business, Finance, Accounting, Development Studies, Public Administration) or related degree or certification
· A minimum of three years’ experience in grants, contracts, or financial management
· Previous experience of international donor-funded grants programs, especially USAID-funded projects or programs
· Prior experience with performance-based financing mechanisms preferred
· Excellent organizational , interpersonal and communication skills
· Computer literacy skills i.e. Proficiency in various MS Office packages
· Keen attention to detail skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications electronically with a cover letter, CV, and three professional references to: email@example.com
Deadline: 7th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline