Job Title: Driver
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About URC SUSTAIN Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID-funded Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) project. The project supports delivery of quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and laboratory services at selected regional referral and general hospitals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Drive project personnel and equipment to locations in Uganda for project activities. Maintain timely schedule set by program staff.
· Maintain project vehicles, keep accurate records for vehicle issues, including fuel, mileage, and trip logs, and schedule routine maintenance and cleaning
· Observe all company vehicle utilization policies and in country traffic laws
· Carry out daily errands such as collecting and delivering mail, making bank deposits and withdrawals, purchasing items for the office, and refueling the vehicles on an as-needed basis
· Transport staff or consultants to project sites and offices or for implementation of activities
· Ensure the readiness of the vehicle, in a good mechanical condition and ensure vehicle is prepared for long trips on rough terrain prior to field visits.
· Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle both inside and out. Ensure that the first aid kit is in place and stocked at all times.
· Assist in routine office chores when necessary such as photocopying, binding, filing, moving furniture, answering telephones, sending faxes, and cleaning the office premises
· Carry out routine monthly service of the vehicle, including oil changes and general service.
· Complete the vehicle log book on a daily basis, recording all travel and requiring staff transported to sign, and submit to supervisor for review and approval on a weekly basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID SUSTAIN Driver job opportunity must hold a Valid Ugandan Driver’s License with a clean driving record
· Certificate on mechanics and defensive driving
· A minimum of seven years’ experience in professional driving Completion of Secondary School is highly desirable
· Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through Kampala and other districts
· Previous work experience on a USAID or other development project is desirable.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· English language proficiency.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their cover letter, certificate of good conduct, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references addressed to:
Human Resource & Administration Coordinator,
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services,
Plot 7 Ntinda View Crescent, Naguru
Deadline: 4th November, 2016 at 12:00 Noon
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline