Job Title: Human Resource and Administration Officer
Organisation: Concern Worldwide
Project Name: USAID RWANU Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Field Operations Manager
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
About USAID RWANU Project:
Concern Worldwide Uganda is recruiting for three positions for the USAID-funded PL 480 Title II Development Food Aid programme called “Resiliency through Wealth, Agriculture and Nutrition” (RWANU) in Karamoja. RWANU focuses on two strategic objectives to reduce food insecurity among vulnerable rural populations in selected sub-counties in 4 districts of Karamoja.
Job Summary: The Human Resource and Administration Officer will be responsible for providing technical support in human resource management in accordance with Concern policies to the field offices of Moroto, Nakapiripirit and Napak. The incumbent will support the HR team in recruitment and placement, orientation, performance and probationary appraisal of CWW Karamoja staff. The incumbent will also support the creation of a healthy working environment through open policies, information sharing and organization of staff functions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Bachelor of Social Sciences or Management studies with a post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management.
· Basic understanding of HR functions, reporting and record keeping requirements, knowledge of related computer applications and the Country labour laws.
· At least three years’ experience working in an NGO setting.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, execute tasks efficiently and is proactive.
· Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, and attention to detail.
· Advanced computer skills in word processing, database, presentation, organizational chart and spreadsheet applications; Microsoft Office preferred, along with ability to learn new software packages.
· Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities.
· English fluency and strong administrative, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and detailed CV (max 4 pages) with a covering letter, copies of relevant certificates, with day time contacts, names and addresses of three (3) work related referees’.
The complete applications should be sent and addressed to: The Human Resources Department, Concern Worldwide Uganda, P.O. Box 6599 Kampala, Uganda or email to email@example.com.
Deadline: 18th October 2016 by 5PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline