Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Abt Associates
Project Name: USAID Reproductive Health Voucher Program (RHVP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Management Administrative Specialist
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
About USAID RHVP Project:
Abt implements the USAID-funded Reproductive Health Voucher Program (RHVP) in Uganda which aims to achieve measurable improvements in safe motherhood services by supporting health financing and innovative service delivery models in the private sector.
Job Summary: The Driver provides efficient, safe and professional driving services to the USAID Uganda Voucher Plus Activity Project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will drive program vehicles throughout Uganda for project work, at all times, ensuring the safety of passengers and vehicle and adhering to stringent organizational policies and regulations regarding driving and vehicle use.
· The jobholder will also clean and maintain project vehicles – responsible for keeping vehicles in pristine condition, adhering to strict maintenance routines and ensuring that any defect is acted upon immediately.
· Carry out other administrative tasks on behalf of the project including but not limited to: purchasing, collecting goods or documents, making administrative arrangements and handling check payments, both within Kampala and during field activities.
· In charge of handling, disbursing and accounting for funds responsibly on behalf of the Activity.
· Act as a representative of the Activity, at all times being responsive and providing courteous support to visitors, clients and partners.
· Perform any other lawful duties necessary to accomplish the Activity objectives as assigned by the supervisor and/or designate
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID Driver job should hold a grade 12 Certificate; related additional qualifications a plus Clean Driver’s License
· At least six years driving experience, of which at least three years’ experience working as a driver; experience with donor-funded projects is preferred
· Basic computer skills required including familiarity with email and word processing. Ability to use excel spreadsheets is also preferred
· Experience and proven ability to handle and account for funds responsibly
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
· Presentable and able to interact professionally with partners and clients.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to send apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline