Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant will support the procurement of goods and supplies for supported health units and program activities. The jobholder will manage the procurement processes, including review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations, purchase and delivery forms, and coordination with the stock management officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will support the procurement processes, including review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations, purchase and delivery forms, and coordination with the stock management officer for goods and supplies.
· The Procurement Assistant will work closely with the procurement officer, support the process of supplier pre-Qualification and management.
· Ensure URC and USAID procurement policies and procedures are adhered to
· Receive orders from program staff, ensuring the follow-up of the local purchases supplied, payments, and delivery confirmation.
· The incumbent wil support procurement of printing for training materials (stationary, manuals, handouts, etc.) and stationary for workshops, and other events.
· Update and maintain the project procurement tracker
· Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train URC’s program and partner staff in these policies
· Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Procurement Assistant career opportunity must hold a Bachelor of Procurement and Logistics Management or Bachelor of commerce, Business Administration or any other business related field.
· At least three (3) years’ practical experience in the field of Procurement and Supply management
· Membership of CIPS is an added advantage.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline