Job Title: Operations Research Coordinator
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Operations Research Coordinator will primarily coordinate, provide support, direction and assistance in the conduct of operational research studies. The incumbent will also support statistical analysis, coordinate research ethics approval and coordinate publication of articles in peer review journals. The jobholder will be responsible for coordinating with staff to design and implement robust M&E systems, identify and monitor key program activities in order to document results, and ensure the integration of those results into Uganda’s health system’s decision-management processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinating identification of operational research studies
· In charge of developing and refining data collection tools from research questions
· Preparing Research Ethics approvals
· Managing data collection
· Supporting Qualitative and quantitative data analysis
· Presenting research findings to project partners
· Writing and contributing to journal articles
· Overseeing field activities in relation to data collection of the cohort (T0, T1,T2,T3) to evaluate the impact of the project and data entry of data collected (Lira district)
· In charge of training research assistants
· Cleaning data and conducting statistical analyses
· Writing and submitting timely research and trainings reports
· Coordinating e-health on the project including organizing trainings and implementation of mobile/e-health
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Operations Research Coordinator career placement must hold a Masters of Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Social Sciences or other relevant field.
· A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in coordinating and conducting medical/health research studies.
· Significant experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis and presentation of research findings at international conferences.
· At least two publications in peer reviewed high impact journal.
· Proven proficiency in statistical software such as STATA, EpiData, EpiInfo or similar, specifically for statistical analysis of public health data and large datasets.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline