Job Title: Grants Manager
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Grants Manager will be responsible the financial and sub-contract management of grants from the funds received under the project. The incumbent will br responsible for grant monitoring and capacity building of recipients including internal control procedures; allowable costs/cost principles under USAID regulations; equipment and real Property Management; Period of availability of funds; S/he will effectively administer sub-grants to enhance the project’s activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work closely with Grantees to complete legal incorporation, System for Award Management registrations, and dedicated bank accounts for grant funds.
· Work in liaison with grantees to prepare and complete their cost proposals during the application process to ensure compliance with USAID and URC financial rules and regulations.
· Maintain well-organized and updated files and records on each sub-grantee
· Routinely monitor and review sub-grantees progress in meeting targets/ deliverables and providing documentation of expenditures in line with sub-grant requirements
· Keenly review activities reports from sub grantees to ensure compliance.
· Facilitate timely release of sub-grantees funding and reimbursement.
· Regularly analyze the monthly financial reports of each grant, including: Checking the supporting documentation of each grant report (invoices, receipts, quotations, etc.);
· Providing and reconciling grants bank statements for each monthly/quarterly report;
· In charge of verifying that monthly spending and cumulative spending is consistent with the approved budget for each grant; and confirming that the counterpart report complies with the general budget of the project.
· Support improvement of sub-grantees financial capacity through regular coaching/monitoring.
· Follow-up and review of sub-grantee accountabilities and reports for direct site support activities.
· Prepare and submit periodic reports for the Finance & Administration Director and provide recommendations to improve grant performance.
· Provide accounting and finance support to grants through site visits and scheduled meetings; visit field sites on a regular basis to monitor financial-related activities.
· Develop and manage a database (physical and electronic files) to maintain information on the selection process, contracts, contract modifications and reports for all grants.
· Provide regular feedback to Finance Director, COP and Deputy Chief of Party on sub-grantee progress.
· Update and maintain the project tracker for sub-grantee progress monthly.
· Develops materials and provides training and oversight to facilitate the preparation of reports Participate in internal audits and reviews, as required, to ensure compliance with URC standards, donor requirements, and generally accepted accounting practices
· Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train URC’s program and partner staff in these policies
· Responsible for grant monitoring and capacity building of recipients in the following areas wherever applicable:
o Internal control procedures;
o Allowable costs/cost principles under USAID regulations;
o Cash management systems;
o Equipment and Real Property Management;
o Period of availability of funds;
o Procurement standards;
o Program Income;
· Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Grants Manager career vacancy must hold a Master’s Degree in Business, Management, Finance, Administration, or other related field.
· A minimum of eight years of relevant experience managing the financial and administrative components of grants, grants-under-contract, subcontracts, preferably in donor-funded programs in the health sector.
· Significnat experience with sub granting to civil society Organizations, Community Based Organizations and districts required.
· Prior experience with USAID contracting and grant mechanisms, with demonstrated knowledge of USAID financial and management systems, regulations, and reporting requirements.
· Excellent interpersonal communications, and organizational skills.
· Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline