Job Title: Grants Assistant
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Job Summary: The Grants Assistant will work closely with the Grants team to manage grants provided to health units supported by the project. This includes the accurate maintenance of a tracking record of grantee expenditures and advances, reviewing grantees’ financial reports, building financial management capacity among grantees, ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and orienting grantees on sub-grant requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Grants Assistant will work collaboratively with other members of the grants management team to develop and implement grants management systems
· Follow-up on accountabilities from sub-grantees in a timely manner to necessitate processing of additional funding
· Work in liaison with the Finance team in developing plans/budgets for the financial needs of sub grantees
· The incumbent will also work collaboratively with the other grants management team members in overseeing sub-grant functions and coordinate preparation of grant agreements, monitoring of grant periods and close out of the sub-grant awards
· Keenly review liquidation reports from sub-grantees
· Manage the hard copy / electronic filing structure and system for financial information and contracts related to sub-grants
· Coordinate the shipment of files for the sub grants to URC headquarters on a quarterly basis
· Provide support in tracking and reporting of financial performance of grants
· Work closely with Grants management team to establish tools to track supervision visits to partners and provide necessary updates to technical teams
· Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Grants Assistant job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Finance, Administration, or other related field
· A minimum of three years’ experience in managing the financial and administrative components of grants, grants-under-contract, subcontracts.
· Excellent interpersonal communications, and organizational skills desired
· Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy desired
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline