Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will coordinate the procurement of supplies and equipment for supported health units and program activities. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient functioning of all procurement and disposal activities of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage procurement processes, including review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations, purchase and delivery forms, and coordination with the stock management officer
· Take lead in the process of supplier pre-Qualification and management
· In charge of the management of leases, contracts and agreements for services and goods
· Ensure URC and USAID procurement policies and procedures are adhered to
· Receive orders from program staff, ensuring the follow-up of the local purchases supplied, payments, and delivery confirmation
· Responsible for procurement of printing for training materials (stationary, manuals, handouts, etc.) and stationary for workshops, and other events
· Update and maintain the project procurement tracker
· Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train URC’s program and partner staff in these policies
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Procurement Officer career placement must hold a Bachelor of Procurement and Logistics Management or Bachelor of commerce, Business Administration or any other business related field with a Master’s degree in Procurement & Supply management or any other related field
· At least five (5) years’ practical experience in the field of Procurement and Supply management with demonstrable knowledge of Public Procurement Laws of Uganda in particular PPDA guidelines and regulations
· Membership of CIPS is an essential requirement for this job is an added advantage
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline