Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
ICF is a leading global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. Our clients span health, energy, and transportation industries as well as government agencies in the United States and Europe. We give them the data, insights, and deep implementation expertise they need to deliver results that matter to consumers, citizens, and communities.
About USAID Project:
ICF is planning to implement an upcoming USAID-funded Strategic Information Technical Support activity in Uganda. The activity will facilitate, promote and enhance evidence-based programming and reporting in Uganda’s health system, particularly its response against the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will: support the development and strengthening of national Monitoring and Evaluation System; support partnership and utilization of data to inform policy and strategies on HIV/AIDS and Health; participate in national data reviews for Health and HIV/AIDS; facilitate and support the preparation, collation and dissemination of HIV/AIDS and Health data; develop monitoring, evaluation and learning tools for the project and Implementing Partners as needed; develop an evaluation plan for the program and maintain a program monitoring database; lead efforts to design and implement training sessions for implementing partners to foster learning and informed decision making; manage all M&E activities related to reporting on all required indicators. This includes measuring and tracking progress made toward achieving targets. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will also: support the documentation of best practices and facilitate the use of such data to foster learning; contribute to the design and assist in managing program assessments and evaluations and promote a culture of evidence-based decision making; provide technical assistance to Implementing partners and stakeholders on data management and M&E.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the USAID Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist job opportunity should hold a Master’s Degree with three (3) years of experience (in addition to the 5 year requirement noted below) in monitoring and evaluation (M&E), epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, research methods or related field;
· At least five (5) years of developing M&E frameworks, performance monitoring systems, overseeing and monitoring data collection from Health Management Information Systems (including developing and maintaining related databases); and working for health programs;
· Previous experience in designing and implementing M&E systems for international donor-funded projects in Uganda is desired.
· Excellent track record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener.
· Demonstrated ability: to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to design, implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate monitoring and evaluation programs.
· Demonstrated excellent writing and presentation ability, as well as experience successfully leading an intercultural team in a development context.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Fluency in English
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates who wish to join ICF should apply by visiting the web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline