Job Title: Program Coordinator
Organization: Akola Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
Compensation: US $ 400 gross monthly salary
Akola (she works) Project is a US founded non-profit, social business that empowers women by facilitating vocational training, employment opportunities, savings and loans associations, education programs, support groups and leadership development.
Job Summary: The Program Coordinator will play a focal role in coordinating and facilitating Akola’s Village Savings and Loans Associations for all women’s groups, facilitating monitoring and evaluation for all Akola Project programs, and providing administrative support to other staff members on the Empowerment Team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· This position is responsible for maintaining and enhancing Akola’s Village Savings and Loan program and program expansion.
· The incumbent is also responsible for coordinating and facilitating all monitoring and evaluation activities for Akola Project programs, including training Officers, data entry, and database management.
· The incumbent will play an integral role in building the capacity of national staff to run programs independently.
· The jobholder will provide research and recommendations for new opportunities as they arise.
· The incumbent will provide administrative assistance to other members of the Empowerment Team.
· The position will be a key member of the Empowerment Team, and will assist other team members with projects as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Akola Project Program Coordinator vacancy must hold a Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in International Relations, or related field
· Previous exposure and experience working in a cross-cultural development context (ideally within an African nation), including management of people and resources desired
· Prior non-profit experience preferable
· The applicant must hold a Valid Driver’s License
· Ability to manage, support and motivate a culturally diverse team towards common goals in the spirit of Jesus
· Skillful in building cross-cultural relationships
· Proven ability to think analytically and plan strategically, including setting objectives, monitoring and evaluating impact, and identifying and applying opportunities for learning and development with all team members
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send the E-mail applications labeled “Application: Program Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should send the following;
- Resume/CV highlighting work experience
- Cover letter that outlines (1) Why you are interested in this position, Akola Project, the mission/vision, and Uganda specifically; (2) Why you believe you are the best candidate for the job; (3) The role your faith plays in your work
· Contact information for two references: one personal and one professional.
NB: Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: 30th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline