Job Title: Traffic and Road Safety Engineer
Organisation: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Road Safety
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Traffic and Road Safety Engineer will be responsible for carrying out road safety audits and identification of accident spots. In addition, the Engineer will liaise with traffic Police to capture traffic accident data and accident site investigations as well as providing travel advisory information to the public. The incumbent will also carry out routine inspection of road side furniture and markings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct road safety audits, identify black spots and recommend appropriate measures in line with the approved guidelines;
· Work closely with traffic police to capture traffic accident data and carry out detailed accident site technical investigations in line with departmental standards and guidelines;
· Work closely with police to provide travel advisory information to the public;
· Conduct routine inspection of road ancillary infrastructure in line with departmental guidelines and standards;
· Develop risk matrix and put in place risk mitigation measures in the area of traffic and road safety;
· Respond to audit reports and implement agreed recommendations within specified time frames;
· Actively participate in planning, budgeting and reporting in line with departmental guidelines and targets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNRA Traffic and Road Safety Engineer employment opportunity should hold a Honors Degree in Civil Engineering or any other relevant degree;
· Professional training in health Safety and Environment is added advantage.
· Computer literacy skills are mandatory
· At least three years’ experience in implementing roads safety activities.
· Five years’ experience in industrial safety at Management level.
· Impeccable level of integrity;
· Ability to work as part of a team and to develop subordinates;
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline