Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Finance)
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Officer
Position Grade: G4
Reference Number: 16-0022533
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Business Support Assistant (Finance) will support the UN World Food Programme (WFP) to ensure effective delivery of finance, budget and administration support services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer support in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations;
· The Business Support Assistant (Finance) will also monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making;
· Regularly monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed;
· Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations;
· Offer support in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics;
· Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions;
· Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines;
· Regularly monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner;
· Offer guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards;
· Perform any other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Business Support Assistant (Finance) job placement should hold a University degree in Business Studies, Finance, Accounting or Commerce or any other related field or a diploma supplemented with additional years of relevant experience obtained from a recognised institution;
· At least four years relevant work experience in the field of finance, accounting, audit, or other related field, gained from a reputable organisation;
· Broad knowledge and understanding of modern Accounting methods and knowledge of standard finance software packages and systems;
· Previous experience collecting and monitoring financial data on projects and programmes;
· Assessing financial health and status, and reporting findings to senior leaders;
· Computer literacy i.e. Good knowledge and skills in using MS Office applications;
· Excellent command of English is vital.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 7th November 2016