Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Safety Nets and Resilience
Position Grade: NOA
Reference Number: 16-0022030
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Programme Policy Officer (Agronomy Technical Advisor – SNR) will be charged with the management of conservation and afforestation Food For Assets projects and house hold income support projects during the bridge period, across all implementing partners and districts of Napak, Moroto, Kotido and Kaabong. The incumbent will provide technical guidance to WFP staff and partners and provide strong recommendations for project improvements in the districts of Napak, Moroto, Kotido and Kaabong.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will enhance WFP’s efforts to standardize and improve quality assets in terms of design and quality (aligning to the National Labour-Intensive Public Works Guidelines’ Infotechs and WFP PWP) programme;
· Offer technical assistance and guidance to WFP and cooperating partner staff in the implementation of planned activities;
· Prepare and submit technical reports following site visits with recommendations to the head of SNR unit and area region Coordinator to guide the improvements of sub projects and decision making.
· Actively participate in joint field monitoring missions together with WFP field offices, districts, and NGO partners in assessment of activities;
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Programme Policy Officer (Agronomy Technical Advisor – SNR) career opportunity should hold an Advanced University degree in agriculture, forestry or related field obtained from a recognized institution Or first University degree in agriculture, forestry with additional years of related work experience;
· A minimum of six (6) years of relevant working experience in Soil and water conservation, agricultural production, and afforestation gained from reputable organizations;
· Previous exposure and experience in climate smart agriculture;
· Excellent reporting and writing skills;
· Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential;
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Ms Office.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 6th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline