Job Title: National Programme Officer (NPO – Karamoja)
Organisation: United Nations Programme on HIV and AIDS (UNAIDS)
Vacancy No.: NPO/001/16
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: UNAIDS Country Director
UNAIDS is the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV and AIDS, that brings together the efforts and resources of UN Agencies and aims to advance global progress in achieving country set targets for Universal Access to HIV Prevention, treatment, care and support and to halt and reverse the spread of HIV and contribute to achievement of the Millennium Development Goals by 2015. The UNAIDS Country Office in Uganda coordinates coherent action on HIV and AIDS within the UN System through the UN Theme Groups, and the Joint Programme on HIV and AIDS In addition the Country Office helps mount and support an expanded response to HIV and AIDS by engaging the efforts of many sectors and partners from government, civil society and the international development community.
Job Summary: The National Programme Officer (NPO – Karamoja) will collaborate efforts with UNAIDS Country Office, UN Joint Team on AIDS, CSO Consortium and Development Partners in Karamoja to coordinate and ensure the monitoring and reporting of activities of this programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Programme Officer will support the coordination of the overall implementation of the KARUNA HP programme, including its reporting, financial management and monitoring.
· Facilitate Karamoja regional level project coordination for KARUNA HP and development partners group in the region
· Offer technical backstopping for local government units in data generation and compilation of district and regional monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
· Provide leadership and advocacy for the programme including participation in regional Karamoja development partners’ fora.
· Actively participate in the programme activities being implemented by other UN participating organisations.
· Support proper management and coordination of the programme including financial management, monitoring and evaluation and the preparation and timely submission of required reports of activities defined in the Standard Administrative Agreement (SAA);
· The incumbent will also support monitoring of Implementing Partners within the programme to ensure the quality of their work and outputs is in accordance with the Funding Agreements (including monitoring and evaluation processes, accurate reporting and for proper implementation of outstanding activities and accounting of the programme funds);
· Draft regular analytical reports to be shared with UCD, for consolidation and approval by the Joint Steering Committee before I submission to the donor
· Support documentation the best practices and approaches for deepening the knowledge base of the achievements of the results of the programme.
· Maintain regular information sharing between UNFPA, WHO, UNICEF, UNWOMEN, FAO and UNAIDS at Karamoja level on the implementation of the programme.
· Work closely with the UNAIDS Strategic and Information Advisor to ensure timely documentation of experiences and inclusion of Karamoja report into the national reporting.
· Prepare, support and keep records of the meetings of the Karamoja AIDS Partners Group and expanded Karamoja Technical Working Group.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the United Nations UNAIDS National Programme Officer (NPO – Karamoja job placement must hold a University degree in the following areas: social or medical sciences, epidemiology and behavioural surveillance, social and behavioural sciences, public health and demography. Possession of an advanced university degree in one of the above mentioned areas is desired
· At least three to six years of professional experience in the HIV and AIDS field with a focus on implementing HIV, prevention and/or treatment programmes Desirable: Experience working with UN agencies at country or regional level.
· Excellent interpersonal, representational and advocacy skills.
· Ability to facilitate and strengthen the involvement of a range of external partners in the HIV work.
· Knowledge of the UN system and development issues. Understanding of AIDS epidemic essentials.
· Languages: Advanced knowledge of English. Knowledge of another UN official language is desired
· Working in teams
· Communicating with impact
· Applying expertise
· Delivering results
· Driving change and innovation
· Being accountable
· Developing and empowering others
· Exercising sound judgement
· Building relationships and networks
· UNAIDS Values: Commitment to the AIDS response, Integrity, Respect for diversity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, naming three referees and attach copies of testimonials to: The Country Director, UNAIDS, P.O. Box 24578, Plot 60 Prince Charles Drive, Kololo, Kampala, Uganda. Please indicate the vacancy number on the envelope.
Deadline: 23rd November 2016 by 5:00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline