Job Title: Programme Assistant
Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Job ID: 5896
Grade Level: G-5
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA expands the possibilities for women and young people to lead healthy and productive lives. Since UNFPA started working in 1969, the number – and rate – of women dying from complications of pregnancy or childbirth has been halved. Families are smaller and healthier. Young people are more connected and empowered than ever before.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will provide administrative and secretarial support to the sub-Office.
· Facilitate incoming missions from Kampala or elsewhere.
· Update and maintain filing system for UNFPA supported projects in accordance with established classification system.
· Draft correspondences on programme related issues in consultation with programme officers.
· Facilitate logistic support and security related issues.
· The incumbent will maintain Petty Cash for sub-office.
· Initiate project needs assessment in consultation with programme specialists.
· Provide overall management of sub-office premise.
· Offer support to the sub-office by coordinating and monitoring relevant business processes and procedures and activities, paying attention to detail and adhering to deadlines.
· Effectively provide general research support from records, reports and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports on programme and project activities.
· Prepare and maintains records documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation.
· Keep the sub-office informed by providing relevant information, reports or status updates.
· Organize meetings; initiate and coordinates preparation of agenda and necessary documentation for meetings as well as workshops and conferences.
· Act as Secretary to internal meetings.
· Draft routine correspondences.
· Perform other support duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNFPA Programme Assistant job opportunity should hold a University Degree or equivalent
· At least five years of relevant experience in an international organization.
· Proficiency in the use of all relevant computer software applications.
· Fluency in English.
· Providing logistical support
· Managing data
· Managing documents, correspondence and reports
· Managing information and work flow
· Planning, organizing and multitasking
· Supporting financial data analysis
· Values: Integrity/Commitment to mandate, Knowledge sharing/Continuous learning, Valuing diversity.
· Managing Relationships: Working in teams, Communicating information and ideas, Conflict and self-management.
· Working with people: Empowerment/Developing people/Performance management.
N.B: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who wish to join the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 26th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline