Job Title: Transport and Fleet Management Officer
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Job Summary: The Transport and Fleet Management Officer is responsible for managing a pool of the USAID project vehicles, ensuring efficient use of resources and coordinating field travel to hospitals across the project area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare weekly/monthly field travel schedules, coordinating between program staff and drivers to allocate use of vehicles
· Under the guidance of the Director of Operations and compliance, manage the pool of vehicles including their service, repair and maintenance
· Ensure vehicles have valid insurances; drivers have valid permits; insurance claims are processed in a timely manner; maintenance and servicing is achieved in a timely manner
· Regularly monitor vehicle log books on a weekly basis
· Keep track of fuel card utilization for each vehicle and make monthly reconciliation of bills and vehicle records
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Transport and Fleet Management Officer job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Transport logistics or any other related field
· At least five to seven years’ experience working in an NGO preferably as a fleet officer.
· Prove ability to work in teams desired
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, particularly as related to report development desired
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word and Excel skills desired
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline