Job Title: Team Leader, Records Management
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 19345
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Team Leader, Records Management will manage the day-to-day operations of the Records Management Unit in order to ensure compliance with business and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will implement the use of electronic systems (EDMS & PDMS) for records management into the record keeping processes at the Bank’s records centre.
· The incumbent will coordinate the records transfer, storage, access and retrieval service while balancing the needs of users, as well as business and regulatory requirements.
· Implement records management business and regulatory retention requirements e.g. the destruction of obsolete records.
· Supervise the fulfilment of records stock management processes e.g. outstanding record or document loans, box audits etc.
· Prepare, analyse and interpret reports using appropriate end-user tools.
· In charge of the day-to-day supervision of permanent and temporary staff providing services to internal customers.
· Provide sound records management guidance and support to departments.
· Work closely with the Records Manager to identify and respond to departmental records and document management needs.
· Ensure smooth and efficient running of all general administrative and clerical routines.
· Supervise activities across all records holding facilities of the Bank
· To undertake from time to time, any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
Service and Efficiency:
· Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the records storage and retrieval service, including the maintenance of equipment.
· Engaging branches to coordinate the records lifecycle processes according to laid down procedures of the Bank.
· Ensure that all business quires and user needs are resolved with in the established SLAs of the Bank
· Raise awareness of records management principles and best practices across the Banks network to improve collective quality related activities and services
· Responsible for the maintenance of a high standard of risk control, through adherence to laid down procedures and addressing any risk gaps.
· Ensure duty of care is done on all records management operations
· Ensure that proper authorisation is available for all records management transactions.
· Facilitates a performance management and career development culture through mentoring and motivating in regular team and one-on-one meetings to ensure optimal performance and minimise staff turnover rate.
· Ensures that the correct calibre of staff is recruited by participating in the recruitment process thereby ensuring the Risk Mitigation area has the correct talent to meet the strategic goals at all times.
· Ensures that resources are skilled across the different processes to enable cross product and cross function workload balancing.
Self Development: Participate in the identification of personal training and development needs and to make full use of all training and development opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Team Leader, Records Management career opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Records Management from a recognised university
· A minimum of four years proven experience in records or archives management at supervisory level, and in particular, the implementation of taxonomy / classification schemes as well as retention and disposal processes.
· Proven ability in the use of electronic records and document management systems.
· Demonstrated commitment to producing high quality work within a service delivery environment.
· Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
· Knowledge of records and / or archives management principles and practices.
· Working knowledge of records management regulatory environment.
· Working knowledge of electronic records and document management systems, including data capture and transaction entry abilities.
· Good knowledge of administrative processes and procedures.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 16th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline