Job Title: Superintendent – Water Management/ETP
Organisation: Kakira Sugar Limited
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Process Manager
Job Ref: 2016.09.108/FY-M-PR-07
The Madhvani Group, a leading professionally managed industrial/service group, with an annual turnover exceeding USD 500 million, engaged in diverse operations. Kakira Sugar is owned by the Madhavani Group and it is extracted from cane grown on lush plantations on the shores of Lake Victoria. The sweet, sparkling crystals with their distinctive taste and flavour, and rich golden colour, have sweetened dishes all over Uganda since the 1930s.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of supervising the efficient operation of ETP.
· Ensuring availability of chemicals and other resources for the plant.
· In charge of ensuring that there is effective treatment of effluent at various stages of the process to achieve the required operational parameters.
· Enforcing and adhering to the safety, health and environment policy of the company.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should be holders of Master of Science degree in Micro-Biology.
· A minimum of ten years’ experience in operating an anaerobic affluent treatment plant
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Previous experience in ISO 9001 and ISO 14000
· Working knowledge of best laboratory practices and methods.
· Age: 30 years and above
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with Photostat copies of testimonials, certificates and curriculum vitae, indicating daytime telephone number, contact addresses of two referees and quoting the job reference number on the upper left-hand corner of the envelope should be sent to: Mr. Moses H. Thenge Human Resources Manager Kakira Sugar Limited P.O. Box 121, Jinja – Uganda Tel. 0414-444000
Deadline: 10th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline