Job Title: Warden Sports
Organization: Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Legal & Corporate Services
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities which was established in 1996 in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is:” To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.”
Job Summary: The Warden Sports will develop and promote sports and games in Uganda Wildlife Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of identifying and promoting sports talent among UWA staff.
· Responsible for distributing and sharing information about all sporting activities and programs at local, regional and international levels.
· Organising sport-related projects, classes, programmes, coaching, dub development and training.
· Working and liaising with government bodies to deliver government sports initiatives.
· Identifying sport, recreation and health initiatives and overseeing sports Plans and ensuring their implementation;
· Responsible for mobilising and sensitising targeted groups on sports and games policies
· Raising staff awareness on health and fitness issues and promoting participation in sports, particularly amongst under-represented groups;
· In charge of maintaining sports records and producing written reports to the supervisors,
· Identifying potential opportunities for external funding and maintaining links with county, regional and national sporting representatives and organizations;
· Preserving and rehabilitating existing sports facilities in the various Conservation Areas.
· Perform any other official duties as assigned by Management and or Director Legal & Corporate Services from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UWA Warden Sports job placement must hold an Honors Bachelors Degree in Education with a bias in Sports Science or any related discipline from a recognized University/Institution.
· A minimum of three years of relevant experience in the field of sports from a reputable organization.
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Excellent communication skills
· Good coaching and mentoring skills
· Good time management skills
· Good planning, organizing & coordinating skills
· Concern for quality standards
· Team Work
· Age: Below 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs and three (3) competent referees with daytime telephone contact addressed and submitted to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda Wildlife Authority,
Plot 7 Kira Road, Kamwokya
P.O. Box 3530 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, please note that any form of lobbing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 28th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline