Job Title: Sponsorship Coordinator
Organization: Fields of Life Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programs Manager
Fields of Life Uganda is a charitable organization that has been operating in Uganda since 1993. FOL-Uganda services are delivered through a community and faith based intervention model. We envision a society where vulnerable and marginalized people’s lives are changed, their communities transformed and their hope built through our faith-based approach to development work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and organizing sponsorship procedures and systems in the local operational department:
· Establish and implement procedures for maintaining high standards of service to support regional offices and local sponsorship.
· Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the management and control of sponsorship operations.
· Consolidate the monthly sponsorship activity report for the following and share with management and or staff
· Annual photo updates
· Periodical profile collection
· Progress and community newsletter reports
· Department staff performance on their individual work plans
· Query management report
Review and implement sponsorship annual plans and budgets as per planning and budgeting guidelines:
· Attend and contribute to the plans and budget review exercise/meeting.
· Prepare sponsorship forecast plan to facilitate program planning and budgeting for the financial year.
· Prepare the department’s plans and budgets as per the plans and budgets guidelines
· Regularly monitor the performance of the department budget and analyse variance performance management
· Compile and submit the required consolidated procurement list to the administration department to place orders as per the Finance manual
Oversee and maintain the sponsorship database, generate and disseminate summaries and report tracking systems in line with the sponsorship policies and procedures
· Ensure accurate and up to date information in sponsorship files and records.
· Run the weekly to do list analysis for sharing with the unit staff and inform staff on respective new requirements and outstanding communication.
· Run the correspondence outstanding report and monitor the response performance.
· Monitor the department KPIs and inform management of the overall performance for strategic planning on the under-performance.
· Run the monthly systems administration requirement for cleaning up the system.
Liaison and Support:
· Work closely with and attend meetings with other departments necessary to perform duties and aid in organizational development in the following areas;
· Visiting teams: sponsorship presentations at visiting teams orientation to provide information and facilitate opportunity to sponsor for visitors and teams
· Facilitate requests to sponsor children.
· Support requests for visiting sponsors to meet sponsored individuals.
· Communicate accurate and complete information to both local and regional offices.
· Ensure timely responses and follow-up to inquiries
· Develop and carry out activities to raise sponsors in the local region
· Maintain and develop existing and new sponsors
· Manage local incoming sponsor funds
Supervise, appraise and build capacity of sponsorship staff, non-sponsorship staff and partners in line with organization policies; enhancing the relevant knowledge and skills:
· Agree on staff performance deliverables and sign a performance agreement plan with the unit staff.
· Have annual/bi-annual/monthly individual work plans drawn and agreed upon; monitor the staff appraisal schedules and follow up
· Plan and arrange for the unit monthly update and planning meetings in the unit.
· Contribute to the development of terms of reference for auditing sponsorship performance and compliance to sponsorship policies at all levels within the FOL program.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Sponsorship Coordinator vacancy must hold a Bachelor of Social Work and Social Administration, Development studies or a relevant field. Possession of a post graduate qualification in M&E or project planning and management is an added advantage
· At least three years’ experience in managing sizeable sponsorship portfolios and children in a reputable organization (whether paid or voluntary)
· Previous experience managing databases and other computer applications
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs and cover letters with three work-related referees to the address or email below:
People Performance Group,
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante,
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: email@example.com
NB: Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line.
Deadline: 28th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline